[sf-lug] replacing panel back to top of screen, Ubuntu 8.041

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Nov 18 23:03:21 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:54 -0800, Mikki McGee wrote:
> Hello;
>
>     Suddenly, the panel went scooting from the top of the screen on
> Ubuntu 8.041, found the right side of the screen, and stuck there like a
> fly on flypaper.  I have searched the help topics, and found them useless.
>
>     The help topic for moving the panel says to just drag the thing.  I
> have tried that with left click-drag, right click and drag, and both
> buttons click and drag.
>
>     Can someone tell me where to find the way to unlock the position of
> a stuck panel, move the panel back to the correct spot, and then lock it
> there?????????

Try right click and select "Properties". One of the options should be
"Orientation", from which you can choose Top, Left, Right or Bottom.

That being said, I am able to drag with a single left click (the way you
drop is somewhat unintuitive - it doesn't move with you, but snaps into
place quite slowly, so you may feel like it's not doing it when it is,
but just not quick enough).

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Tom