[sf-lug] replacing panel back to top of screen, Ubuntu 8.041

Mikki McGee mikkimc at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 09:50:53 PST 2008

Charles-Henri Gros wrote:
> Mikki McGee wrote:
>> Hello;
>>
>>     Suddenly, the panel went scooting from the top of the screen on
>> Ubuntu 8.041, found the right side of the screen, and stuck there like a
>> fly on flypaper.  I have searched the help topics, and found them useless.
>>
>>     The help topic for moving the panel says to just drag the thing.  I
>> have tried that with left click-drag, right click and drag, and both
>> buttons click and drag.
>>
>>     Can someone tell me where to find the way to unlock the position of
>> a stuck panel, move the panel back to the correct spot, and then lock it
>> there?????????
>
> If you right-click and go on "properties", you should have an
> "orientation" box, set it to "top"

Gracias, amigo!!!

    It was hard to find a place on the panel, suddenly crowded in that
compressed form, where I could properly do a right click.  I deleted the
panel button for Firebird - I mean Firefox, to find room.  I guess I
will use the machine-hardware-internet button  henceforth.

    Now, is there a way to lock the thing there, and later to unlock it
if needed?  I prefer to keep the taxonomy of the Animal and Vegetable
and Fungal kingdoms in my head, rather than the greater myriad of
compu-jargon and complexity.  That is what notebooks are for?

Bless All

Mikki