[sf-lug] [PYCLASS] request to film class

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Oct 6 09:26:01 PDT 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> In 20 years, we will probably have commercial implementation of quantum
> computing, and that will once again change everything.  We are at a
> crucial time in our history, and IMHO it is worthwhile to document our
> activities. Many of the members of our broader community are getting
> older, and we need to preserve their images for posterity.  I'm not
> referring here to anyone in our Python class per se, but the concept.
> Sure, there are tons of classes such as this one, and sure you might say
> that Asheesh's class is pedestrian.  But maybe not.  I personally think
> that there are some elements of Asheesh's class that are really
> interesting and worth documenting.

Well, gosh, thank you.  (-:

> For one thing, corporations in the FOSS space get lots of press, but
> lots of people have urged me to document community work, too, so that
> the corps don't get all of the press / media / video time.  That is
> rather important, if I may say so.

I agree with that sentiment.

I have no problem with you interviewing me about this class, and I
think it would be okay with me if you, say, film the class for a
total of ten minutes.  I don't want it to detract significantly from
class time, but I do appreciate the value of filming it in general.

So here is what I suggest:

* No camera today (I totally don't have time today, but next week I may)
* Discuss the "10 minutes" idea in class today, and
* if people agree with it, then we could do that next time.

Also one more rule:

No filming for Christian unless he has done his homework.  (This week you
have, I'm happy to say!)

Hopefully you'll see this soon enough so you don't LUG (hah) a camera to
The Grind for no reason.

Also: I've been conspicuously absent from the list dicussion, I'm
embarrassed to say, but I'm really pleased to see all the good discussion
that is happening, even from people who haven't come to the class!
Hooray!

-- Asheesh.

--
You will engage in a profitable business activity.