[sf-lug] [PYCLASS] Still on exercise 2.1

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 22:30:18 PDT 2008

hi

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   re-express all time in decimal format.
>   15 minutes is 0.25 hours. 52 is how many
> parts of 60? (what's the decimal representation
> of 6 and 52/60s of an hour?)
>   then you have a start time expressed in
> decimal format, you add to that the running
> time in decimal format, then you re-express
> the sum as hours and minutes.
>   the trick is to convert all data to the
> same format, at least with respect to a set
> of related operations, and when done,
> re-convert the final data to the format you
> want to report.

Did you do all of that for your homework?  I understand the Socratic method
of inducing people to learn by walking them down the path and making them
figure it out for themselves, but I did already try to do those conversions,
but it was messy.  I would love it if you would post your results for this
exercise, since I am so very close.  Thx either way.

>>> 60.0/52.0
1.1538461538461537
>>> 52.0/4.0
13.0