[sf-lug] Other locations

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:02:17 PDT 2008

hi

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:49 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   parking is bad around saint anthony's

IMHO, parking at St. Anthony's is comparable to parking at Javacat.  Here is
a link to parking in the area:

http://www.google.com/search?q=parking+San+Francisco+Jones+%22golden+Gate%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

Here is the tiny url for the same link:

http://tinyurl.com/6oq7uy

> and
> it seems difficult to contact decision-makers
> at saint anthony's.

No, actually, Karl Robillard is very responsive to email and phone calls.
He has asked that we select one person to email and call him, so that he
doesn't have to say the same thing over and over again to multiple people.
His job is focused on dealing with his low income clients.  It seems
reasonable to me to ask for one person to fill him in on what we, as a group
have decided.  Just my two cents.

> that said, saint anthony's
> is a good idea, close to BART and Muni and
> possibly with an ideal interior setup for
> focussed talks and presentations. how to
> investigate further?

I believe that we could just select two or three times that we feel are good
for us as a group, and present that to Karl.

Thanks to all for considering these changes!