[sf-lug] hardy hanging on a known bug in updates

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:03:20 PDT 2008

hi,

this is a known bug, but this bug report page doesn't tell me how to cope
with my imediate problem:  how to stop the hanging update manager

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222801

Other apps are still responding, but the update manager is just sitting
there waiting for this Cinelerra update, which apparently will never be
updated, since it has been hanging for more than two hours.  Question:
should I just kill the update manager, or will that break something?  And
what about the other updates?  I have finished downloading all of the
binaries, apparently, but the installer is just hanging.  There is a screen
shot on the link above if you scroll down to the bottom to my name.

Thanks in advance.