[sf-lug] Nagios on CentOS (perl-Net-SNMP vs. perl-net-snmp)

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Fri Jun 13 13:51:21 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 13:19 -0700, Bill Teeple wrote:
> CPAN is nice, but a pre-compiled RPM is nicer.  CPAN is for those
> console jockies who enjoy compiling the code from hand - I find it to
> be a bit intimidating to use (just my opinion - don't flame me).

I'm fine with using CPAN, I just want to understand if I have something
configured wrong as I'm not very familiar with CentOS and I'd like to
make sure I haven't got a busted config

> yum install perl-Net-SNMP

[mthaddon at berlin jasperserver2.0.1]$ sudo yum install perl-Net-SNMP
Password:
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
rpmforge                  100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: perl-Net-SNMP
Nothing to do

> Case Sensitive!
>
> Also - you might need to grab fro DAG repository/site:
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/

I think I have this setup already:

[mthaddon at berlin jasperserver2.0.1]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo
# Name: RPMforge RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise 4 - dag
[rpmforge]
name = Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag
#baseurl = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/$basearch/dag
mirrorlist = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/mirrors-rpmforge
#mirrorlist = file:///etc/yum.repos.d/mirrors-rpmforge
enabled = 1
protect = 0
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-dag
gpgcheck = 1

Am I missing something?

Cheers, Tom