[sf-lug] Nagios on CentOS (perl-Net-SNMP vs. perl-net-snmp)

Bill Teeple bill at teeple.tv
Fri Jun 13 13:19:14 PDT 2008

CPAN is nice, but a pre-compiled RPM is nicer.  CPAN is for those
console jockies who enjoy compiling the code from hand - I find it to
be a bit intimidating to use (just my opinion - don't flame me).

yum install perl-Net-SNMP

Case Sensitive!

Also - you might need to grab fro DAG repository/site:
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/

Bill

PS - the only reason why I suggest the above, is because you said you
installed the net-snmp-perl package, but I know it as something
different - hence the above: perl-Net-SNMP nomenclature