[sf-lug] Need help with an Linux assignment script

Timothy Wang timothyjwang at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 00:38:44 PDT 2008

Hi Asheesh,

http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~gboyd/cs160b/asmt02.pdf

Below is also another question that I tried to understand and add to the script for assignment2

I am not sure about your question, but I'll try to answer with my understanding:

The functions Greg mentions on the assignemt 02 are not mandatory just here to help you. However if you decide to use them in your own version of the program 'chk' (which is the purpose of assmt 2) then this functions will apear when you do "cat chk" in your Assmt 02 script session. Now about copying segments of code (such as functions) from one program to another this can be done in many ways, as for my part since I am not familiar with the vi editor I almost always end copying the code by hand =|. Nevertheless try to see if you can do a copy/paste using the graphic user interface (GUI), it can sometimes be the easiest solution!

Jaime