[sf-lug] fun with computers

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Mar 27 17:11:31 PDT 2008

    bobbie, bring up a command window and run
fdisk -l
and inspect the output to see if you recognize
a USB device (for example /dev/sda1 or some
such).
    if you see something that looks like it (has a
bunch of numbers for a name or some such),
do whatever mandriva requires to become the
root user, make some directory somewhere,
and use the mount command to mount it the
device to the directory you made:
# mount /dev/sda1 somedir -t msdos

    lemme know what fails and with what info.