[sf-lug] External USB hard disk suggestions

Mike Krohn mikronixx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:01:04 PDT 2008

Hey folks,

I am looking for a 750G  external USB external drive that works well with
linux;   We plan to use these drives for a one time backup of data.  We use
Seagate FreeAgents right now, and some folks are not happy with its spin
down feature (which I know can be turned off through a windows gui tool, or
sdparm, but some of my coworkers would rather not bother).

What have you folks tried, and what do you like?  Any opinions of the
Western Digital My Book series?

Thanks in advance,

Mike