[sf-lug] how to get computers?

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:15:17 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:28 PM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    upon further thinking, it seems to me we cannot
> expect people whom we help to give back: the law
> of numbers dictates that most people will just do
> their thing their way,

True.  and it is exactly those kinds of people who should, IMHO, be the last
in line to get computers.  I am not saying that they should be left out in
the cold; I'm just saying let's find the prime quality recipients first.

>    to develop someone who knows and cares, one
> must put in some time with that person, keep in
> touch, be a mentor, and groom that person to take
> up the flag to help others. it's a slow process, but
> exponential in growth, like compound interest:

Right.  I personally would rather deal with these people.

>    seems to me the answer is clear: how to get
> computers? apply to ACCRC.

Yeah, and James does get lots and lots of applications all the time.  I
filled out that application for the school.  So bear in mind that there are
large numbers of people filling out those applications and sending them in.