[sf-lug] Miva Issues

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:48:32 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:
> Are there any Miva developers on the list, or anyone who knows one?
>
>  http://smallbusiness.miva.com/
>
>  I have a friend who's just started working at a company that uses Miva
>  as their shopping cart software and is having a bear of a time with it -
>  for about the last two months they've had intermittent OOM problems most
>  likely because of a buggy module (I know nothing about Miva, but am
>  gleaning this from what they've told me).
>
>  They're running RHEL5 with Apache/PHP/MySQL.
>
>  Can anyone help out? (This would be on a consulting basis, most likely).
>  If so, please contact me off list.

I once developed content and administered Miva.  I found bugs upon
bugs and horrible code.  It is not a great product.  I suggest moving
away from it immediately.  They used to have source-based modules and
I was able to edit the MivaScript.  However, over the last few years,
they moved to compiled modules, which are not able to be modified
(easily) and this hooks the purchaser into an endless upgrade cycle.
Stay away.

Here is a tax calculation bypass issue I found in 2005...
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2005/May/0573.html
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen