[sf-lug] Linux podcasts

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Mon Feb 25 09:47:30 PST 2008

To be honest because we dont charge for exhibition
space (even for big name companies) we more then happy
for each group to have their own booth, we'd love to
see the kind of groups who cant get space at other
shows have a chance to exhibit on equal terms with Sun
and Google. Obviously that may cause problems with you
guys because you need more people to man several
stands so if you want to share go for it but dont feel
forced :)

SFCCP is a new one on me but its looks like a cool
project and certainly one I'd like to talk to so I'll
certainly get in contact.

chris

--- jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

> at linuxworld last year i coordinated a common LUG
> booth (that included the local python bunch [1] as
> well as a local community colo group [2] and some
> other, similarly focussed groups. you want any local
> coordination effort, please ask.
> jim
> 415 823 4590 my cellphone, call anytime
>
> 1 -- http://www.bayPIGgies.net # you contacted them
> 2 -- http://www.sfccp.net  # you might not know of
> them
>

> On Feb 25, 2008, at 6:46 AM, chris procter wrote:
>
> > (reposted due to horrendous formatting problems,
> > hopefully this is a bit better)
> >
> > --- Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Quoting David Sterry (david at sterryit.com):

> >> four guys who have
> >> Community Manager at
> >> they have more hosts and
> >> community, freedom, and the
> >> are going. They're also
> exhibits
> >> and speakers on April
> >> out.
> >>
> >> SF-LUG might wish to do more than just check them
> >> out.  Here's an
> >> invitation from them to BALUG, which I'm sure is
> >> equally extended to
> >> other Bay Area LUGs:
> >
> > Yes definately. I thought I'd sent an invite to
> SF-LUG
> > but I thought I was subscribed to BALUG as well so
> > what do I know!
> >
> > If anybody is interested in exhibiting for SF-LUG
> or
> > for any other Open Source/Free Software groups or
> > projects drop us an email we'd love to have you.
> Dont
> > be put off by the "fun and interactive" thing,
> while
> >  obviously we'd love all our exhibitors to have
> > exciting attention grabing stands we do understand
> > thats a lot easier for some projects then others.
> >
> > Theres a list of speakers at
> > http://lugradio.org/live/USA2008/
> >
> > chris (the unfunny one of the LUGRadio presenters
> :-)
> >

> >>  Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:16:58 -0800
> >>  From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> >>  To: balug-admin at lists.balug.org
> >>  Subject: (forw) BALUG Exhibiting at LugRadio
> Live
> >> USA
> >>
> >> Presumably sent to me as BALUG contact via a
> >> listadmin mailto: link.
> >> Sounds very worthwhile.  NOTE:  Dates cited are a
> >> weekend!
> >>
> >> Note carefully the sentence "We'd like it if your
> >> exhibition stand could
> >> be something fun and interactive, rather than
> just a
> >> table with leaflets
> >> and advertising."  Ideas?
> >>

> >> ----- Forwarded message from lugradio team

> [...]