[sf-lug] alex morton

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 30 01:51:35 PST 2008

Quoting Kristian Erik Hermansen (kristian.hermansen at gmail.com):

> This guy Alex really is a rock star!  I think we are getting closer to
> verifying the "Sex, Drugs, and UNIX" reality :-P

For one extremely surreal moment, I thought you wrote "versify", and
I had momentary visions of filking.  Filking of dreadful contours and
horrifying mein.

It could even end up being as regrettable as these:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/PiratesOfPenguinance.html
http://filkerdave.livejournal.com/541186.html

[1] "Filk", n., a type of song genre, often humourous, often but not
always reusing existing tunes with new lyrics.  Coinage from the
science-fiction fandom subculture, supposedly based on someone's
accidental misspelling of the term "folk music".