[sf-lug] phpmyadmin error with mysql

David Sterry david at sterryit.com
Tue Jan 29 23:36:05 PST 2008

I have a question and have a hard time finding an answer through normal
channels. I'm running Centos and use phpmyadmin to manage my databases.
Unfortunately every once in a while from months to weeks, phpmyadmin
cannot connect to mysql. The error I get is:

  phpMyAdmin - Error

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket
is not correctly configured)

in the past, I've restarted the mysql server and it's "fixed" the
problem but I'm not sure how to figure out what's the root cause. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave Sterry