[sf-lug] IEs4Linux

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 11:51:36 PST 2008

--- Tom Haddon <tom at greenleaftech.net> wrote:
> Where abouts in the process are you? Are you running ies4linux from
> the
> command line or just double-clicking on it. If you are
> double-clicking
> on it, my suspicion is you're experiencing the same as me (without
> seeing the crash messages) and that if you keep doing it a few more
> times it will get a little further each time and finally complete.

Thanks, Tom, for the trouble you have already taken on my behalf.
There is some confusion here: I interpret your comments as indicating
that you were crashing DURING the INSTALL process and that you just
kept redoing the install and eventually it completed properly and you
are now up and running.
I _think_ I am installed successfully, just that it's not running
properly (well I guess that means unsuccessfully.) I do have the icon
on my desk top and double clicking it sends me to this wierd screen I
described. I don't think the behavior is any different if I launch from
a term.
Should I reinstall? if so, should I just do it over what is already
there or should I delete all files that look like they have something
to do with IEs4Linux first before doing another install?

a_kleider at yahoo.com