[sf-lug] IEs4Linux

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Thu Jan 24 20:28:34 PST 2008

Alex Kleider wrote:
> I've followed the steps to install InternetExplorer running under wine
> as given on the web site. I'm running this under Ubuntu7.10 and
> followed the
> relevant part of the instructions.
> I'm worried that something is not right:
> instead of having a browser on my screen with a place near the top to
> enter an URL, I seem to be at a MicroSoft IE download site.
> I was under the impression that IE had already been downloaded and was
> ready to run.
> Can anyone who has been through this process advise me as to what is
> happenning?
> alex

 	Maybe your Windows  system is set to download updates of the software?
	IE is up to version 7 which I refuse to use on my dual boot as it
usually resets the firewall.  Once I couldn't get online after MS sent
me version 7.

> a_kleider at yahoo.com

    later
    bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

        Your tag lines (k) were stolen! (more)
            There is a puff of smoke!