[sf-lug] Sound on Feisty Edubuntu thin client network

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:41:38 PST 2008

hi,

Many of you are familiar with our local public middle school project.  One
of the teachers today said that she would like to be able to have the kids
watch YouTube videos.  We have not previously enabled sound, due to other
teachers' requests.

I would like to be able to enable sound across the network, and then disable
it again when this teacher's class is done at the end of this week.

It is a decent dual core server with Feisty Edubuntu and 2 GB of RAM.  I am
told that the network is a gigabit network.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.