[sf-lug] Sound on Feisty Edubuntu thin client network

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:56:53 PST 2008

2008/1/22 Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>:
> I would like to be able to enable sound across the network, and then disable
> it again when this teacher's class is done at the end of this week.

Now it has been a few years since I implemented an Edubuntu lab, but I
was under the impression that all processes ran on the centralized
server, and thus sounds would go to those speakers -- not the thin
clients.  You would need to somehow redirect the sounds for each
users' processes, I believe.

This is one of the reasons I recommend DRBL over Edubuntu for hosts
that are not really 'thin clients' -- ie, they have their own disk, 3d
video card, sound, etc...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."