[sf-lug] dig and whois; also VeriSign

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 14:44:16 PST 2008

Rick,
Thanks for the info. As is true for most of your postings, there's much
to digest!
I was checking things out using a Debian box
(but also have access to Ubuntu.)
Not to be outdone! We have a "dual citizenship" grand-daughter
(born in "my shop" in Redwood City as a matter of fact)
who is currently attending University of Victoria.
We bought her a laptop to take to university last fall: if I knew
then what I know now I would NOT have given her the choice-
it would have been a Linux machine.
With the weather being what it is just now, I doubt very much you'll be
bicycling up to the JavaCat today! I'm expecting to be there enroute
back down to the peninsula. I'll have the HP-risc machine with me.
Daniel G. might be there and has an interest in at least having a look
at it.
alex

a_kleider at yahoo.com