[sf-lug] NTFS resize failing...

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Dec 20 11:45:17 PST 2007

this, too, may sound stupid, but oh well:

    can you copy all (or most) ntfs files to another
partition, then delete the original files, then try
re-defragging (and then copy the copies back)?

    also, it has in past releases been the case that
the effects of the CLI commands were different
from those of the GUI equivalents. you might try
dicking around with whichever set you didn't use
when you got disappointing results.