[sf-lug] colo box developments & BALUG (& timing, etc.)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 16 11:01:22 PST 2007

Uhm, ... at least for BALUG, probably want to be a bit careful on the
timing and "move" strategy.

At the moment, BALUG is still quite dependent on the "BALUG" stuff
(web stuff, storage, DNS, some BALUG wiki pages run under the
sf-lug.com web server), and perhaps a trace of a few other things)
on the "old" SF-LUG colo box.

I did mention a while ago (off-list, but at least included Jim (via some
aliases) - may not have included Nathan) my time has been severly impacted
lately (it will probably start to get more reasonable earlyish next year).

So, keep in mind "The BALUG bunch will have to set up their vm for
their purposes" - that "BALUG bunch" of system administrators is me,
Jim Stockford, and (presumably?) Nathan.

I can probalby wiggle in (and had planned to) enough time to do some
minimal stuff to keep the BALUG stuff in a holding pattern + critical
updates and maybe a bit more ... at least into early January, but may not
have much (or any) time to do much more than that (e.g. build and shuffle
to new virtual machines).  I just got around to skimming through my
SF-LUG list digest e-mails (I was about 2 weeks behind on those).

balug-contact at balug.org