[sf-lug] laptop thoughts...

Mark G Sobell mark at sobell.com
Wed Dec 12 00:24:18 PST 2007

Interesting comments on Dell. Thank you.

I looked up (googled if you will) <linux dell> and got to

www.dell.com/linux

which redirects you to a page with a long URL. Then I clicked on the picture
of Ubuntu and then <shop for ubuntu>. They have one laptop with Ubuntu on it:
Inspiron Notebook 1420 N. A 14-inch screen. Not what I want.

I could buy a Dell that would meet my specs and dump Windows and put on Linux,
but Dell would never know that I bought their laptop in support of their
Linux program. So the only reason I would be buying a Dell is because I
believe they are the best deal out there, and I do not believe that.

Am I missing something here?

 Christian -- I will look into your suggested vendors.

            Mark

On Tuesday 11 December 2007, you sent me a note:

--
		Mark
		mark at sobell.com