[sf-lug] december 15 Saint Anthony install fest location and time

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 20:48:47 PST 2007

Hi,

On Dec 5, 2007 8:56 AM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

> December 15th.
> Volunteers are asked to arrive at 9am.
> The address is 109 Golden Gate @ Jones.

I believe that there are some hardware issues as documented on the DTP St
Anthony wiki page linked here, which I have pasted below.  Thanks for any
tips:

http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=St_Anthony_Support_Project

I also noticed while installing that there was an error message saying that
it was not able to write config files for some of the Ubuntu repositories.
Whereas box 01 required some several hundred updates, box 02 required no
updates.  I found that suspicious, and so I opened Synaptic and updated the
repo list, and then tried to install gnumeric, but it couldn't find
gnumeric.  Finding this suspicious, I did apt-get install gnumeric from the
CLI, and apt said it couldn't find gnumeric.  Apt did tell me that gcc was
installed, but could not find gcj.   Box 01 and box 02 were installed both
from the same CD.  This is obviously suspicious, so I am going to reinstall
Gutsy from a different CD.  I did do a new install, and now synaptic is
happily downloading the new patches, same as box 01.  These symptoms seem to
be plaguing boxes 03 through 06 as well (4 boxes total), so any solution
that we can come up with would be great, as it would help avoid doing
reinstalls for boxes 03 through 06.  I am betting that I can copy the config
file for the repositories from box 01 or 02, and just paste it into the
appropriate config file for boxes 03 through 06 and we are good to go.  I
would love to hear any tips.  Thanks in advance.