[sf-lug] december 15 Saint Anthony install fest location and time

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:26:22 PST 2007

hi

On Dec 5, 2007 8:56 AM, jim stockford <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    If you are planning to attend to help install linux
> on machines to those in need, please let me know
> so i can report estimated numbers of volunteers.
>
> December 15th.

St Anthony's has received a donation of 9 boxes (one needs a power supply).
I have started
a wiki page here for tracking the boxes so that we don't need to reinvent
the wheel every time we want to admin these boxes, for example, if we get a
call for support from the orgs or individuals who get them.  Also, doing it
this way will foster independence on the part of the end users, since all
know info / issues will be transparent and modifiable in wiki fashion.

I have put the info on the Digital Tipping Point Wiki for now, simply
because that way it is not sitting out in the middle of nowhere unattended.
The DTP has 5 sys admins in 4 time zones, and we are pretty good an stepping
on spam.  Users must register to edit this wiki page.

http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=St_Anthony_Support_Project

The server is professionally hosted in Texas with redundant power supplies,
etc.  It is not regularly backed up, though, do to lack of funds, although
the most important pages are occasionally backed up.  If someone wants to
move this wiki to another server, I am fine with that.  i just wanted to
start this page to get a start on it.  I have not done a lot with fancy
headings or sections yet, since I need to run to lunch.

Thanks to Karl Robillard, Tom Haddon, Jim Stockford and Kami Griffiths for
organizing this project!