[sf-lug] Youtube Issues

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:23:37 PST 2007

On 7 Dec 2007 14:23:00 -0500, Blake Haggerty
<Blake.Haggerty at sapphire.com> wrote:
> So I have been having issues with youtube recently. At first it was every
> other video I would watch would freeze and lock up my firefox browser. As of
> last night every video freezes after about 3 seconds. I am trying to think
> of what changes I have made to my system and the only thing that comes to
> mind is I installed Automatix (http://www.linux.com/articles/114124)

Never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER
NEVER NEVER NEVER  use AUTOMATIX!!!!!!  I have been telling people for
years that it is the most harmful thing you can do to your Ubuntu
installation.  Maybe people wonder why Ubuntu breaks on upgrading, and
AUTOMATIX is usually the reason, even if it was uninstalled before
upgrading...

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/04/1944211
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."