[sf-lug] Youtube Issues

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 7 17:27:48 PST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> On 7 Dec 2007 14:23:00 -0500, Blake Haggerty
> <Blake.Haggerty at sapphire.com> wrote:
>> So I have been having issues with youtube recently. At first it was every
>> other video I would watch would freeze and lock up my firefox browser. As of
>> last night every video freezes after about 3 seconds. I am trying to think
>> of what changes I have made to my system and the only thing that comes to
>> mind is I installed Automatix (http://www.linux.com/articles/114124)
>
> Never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER
> NEVER NEVER NEVER  use AUTOMATIX!!!!!!

Okay.

When my brother asks me, "How do I put Flash on, and how do I add support
for MP3 decoding. and where do I get Google Earth?", do you have
another suggestion for what I should tell him?

-- Asheesh.

--
America is the country where you buy a lifetime supply of aspirin for one
dollar, and use it up in two weeks.