[sf-lug] Web Log Analyzers

jim stockford jim at well.com
Thu Dec 6 18:48:00 PST 2007

   here's a URL for related resources.
http://www.dmoz.org/Business/Marketing_and_Advertising/
Internet_Marketing/Traffic_Measurement/

    have you tried using the standard unix toolkit commands
on the apache access log file and see if i could get some
kind of approximation of numbers of "eyes". at least you'd
have a handle on the bs factor.
    you might try tweaking your server-side or javascript
code to get cookie-based information?
    both approaches seem imperfect, but with some work
you might get good enough information.
    httpd has an api that can be accessed via mod-python
or mod-perl or even with C. probably not better than the
info in the access log file, i'd guess.