[sf-lug] Open WRT

Nathan Hoover nathan at foo-o-rama.com
Tue Dec 4 10:46:48 PST 2007

I have been meaning to buy a router to experiment with OpenWRT - a few
friends do use it with excellent results. The consensus among users that I
know is that the best platform is the Asus
WL-500g<http://www.kqzyfj.com/email-2636457-10452542?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.thenerds.net%252FASUS.ASUSTeK_WL500g_Premium_Wireless_Router.WL500GPREMIUM.html&cjsku=108-WL500GPREMIUM>router
- it has plenty of RAM and flash as well as USB ports for printers or
storage devices. It also has an installer available that works with the
default firmware's upgrade process.