[sf-lug] vmware/synaptic/Ubuntu7.04

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 10:24:21 PST 2007

hi Alex,

As Asheesh said, VMware is non-Free software.  So actually, if you were to
use something like qemu, which is Free Software, it would actually be useful
for me, personally, because it would give me a chance to compare notes with
another simple end user.  We had to install VirtualBox on the two Zareason
boxes that we brought down to the SV-LUG Google installfest the other day,
simply because it was what Daniel Gimpelevich chose and happened to have
available.  VirtualBox is also non-Free, and it is just ever so slightly
annoying to think that we are bringing yet another piece of non-Free code
onto those boxes, at least for me.  I would really like to change that
eventually.  So if you go with qemu, it would give me a chance to find out
the skinny from another end user.