[sf-lug] Need help "spelunking" VMware install/uninstall problem on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)...

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 13:08:24 PST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 12:15 PM, RBV <GoodWriter2548 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Any ideas that can be understood and performed by a mere *user*, albeit a
> moderately technically competent one (i.e., me), will be greatly appreciated.

If you ever used dpkg to install a VMware package, then I would purge
that package.  Note that I said "purge", not "remove".  Additionally,
VMware Server is in Canonical's feisty-commercial repository, so there
is nothing special to do other than add the repository to your apt
config and install it.  I have done it possibly hundreds of times on
Ubuntu, and it always worked...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen