[sf-lug] Simple Question

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Nov 16 11:51:42 PST 2007

Quoting Blake Haggerty (Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com):

> I read this post  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3709329 and
> this certainly fixes the issue, I was just hoping for a command like a
> alt-tab to jump out of the window and then re maximize it, rather than
> disabling compiz...

That would appear to be a question specific to your desktop environment
or window manager.  You might be a GNOME sufferer^Wuser?  ;->

(I'm not ordinarily a GNOME user.  I believe the GNOME people these days
wrap their desktop environment around the metacity window manager,
though obviously you're promarily using a compiz 3D-fizzling-windows
variant.  You might want to consult GNOME/compiz/metacity documentation
about non-mouse ways of changing between running windows.)