[sf-lug] Simple Question

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Fri Nov 16 12:16:06 PST 2007

Ok so this sounds like something i need to take up with Compiz....

Qoute Rick:

>Ctrl-Alt-F1 will take you out of the virtual console running X11
>(which is usually #7, such that Ctrl-Alt-F7 take you back into that).
>You're now at a virtual console login, and can login to your machine,
>putting you at its text-mode command line. (If you loathe text-mode
>command lines, you can regard that as fair warning, or whatever.)

Onto a new question so when, I open another virtual console and I log into that. Lets say I fool around a little bit there, and then in that console I type invokerc.d gdm start and boom I am back to the Gnome Desktop, how do I go back to the other console I previously had open?

Blake Haggerty
Technical Recruiter

Work: 415-788-8488 x215
Fax: 415-788-2592