[sf-lug] Gutsy again

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Oct 23 13:23:18 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 13:00 -0700, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> I have just had horrible luck at downloading Gutsy, but I now once
> again have kind of a time urgent need for Gutsy.  If there is anyone
> in SF who has been able to download Gutsy desktop 32 bit, I am going
> to be installing it on a notebook that is a wee bit older (40 gb hd,
> but 1gb RAM) for a very interesting user who I will tell you all about
> after this is done.  Let's just say that this person is very colorful,
> and has changed US Constitutional law.  We are going to have the
> pleasure of blowing away XP and installing Linux on this notebook,
> which is always an added bonus point.

Also, what are the specs of the laptop and have you confirmed all the
hardware (particularly graphics card and wifi) work as expected? There's
nothing worse than a failed install because of hardware for a user
that's not familiar with that as a possibility...

In any case, given you have enough RAM, you should be able to test this
out from the LiveCD. But I'd be particularly careful about ensuring you
have a working internet connection on the LiveCD before going ahead with
the install....

Cheers, Tom