[sf-lug] Gutsy again

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Oct 23 13:10:30 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 13:00 -0700, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> I have just had horrible luck at downloading Gutsy, but I now once
> again have kind of a time urgent need for Gutsy.  If there is anyone
> in SF who has been able to download Gutsy desktop 32 bit, I am going
> to be installing it on a notebook that is a wee bit older (40 gb hd,
> but 1gb RAM) for a very interesting user who I will tell you all about
> after this is done.  Let's just say that this person is very colorful,
> and has changed US Constitutional law.  We are going to have the
> pleasure of blowing away XP and installing Linux on this notebook,
> which is always an added bonus point.

I'd suggest downloading via BitTorrent. It's going to be faster than how
long it would take for anyone else to get you a copy:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

I downloaded mine from here in about 30 mins on release day. If you are
still unable to get it this way I have a copy. If you make it to the
Lower Haight before 4pm with a blank CD I can burn you a copy in a few
minutes.

Thanks, Tom