[sf-lug] OT: Hacker space in San Francisco?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:46:38 PDT 2007

I read a recent article that some groups are trying to organize a new
hacker space in San Francisco with the help of the Hacker Foundation.
I frequented the old Hacker Halfway House (HHH) in New York City a few
times over the years (never made it to l0pht when I was a kid), and it
was always a great time.  Shardy, phar, and b9punk were always a fun
bunch to hang with, especially when they pulled out the infamous
buckets of alcohol :-)

However, I do understand that such places close down due to guests
being very abusive to the places -- I remember such a party around
either H2K2 or H2K4 where a lot of bad stuff happened.  But I am very
interested in setting one of these spaces up, or helping with an
existing project that is in motion.  I am currently living in the Nob
Hill area, but I am not sure I want to stay there for very long.
Ideally, I would like to set up a place very similar to the HHH, which
would entail a large open area with many bedrooms, and the costs
shared between a large amount of semi-permanent hacker-types.  If you
are into Linux/BSD/FOSS, then that's cool too :-)

If anyone has some info or would like to be a part of this, please let
me know so that we can start the discussion and see who's
interested...

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/10/hackers-space-t.html
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen