[sf-lug] any Gutsy Kubuntu CDs or DVDs for AMD 32 or 64?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Oct 21 20:15:07 PDT 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> This is kind of a long shot.  I have a friend who has a problem with his
> Gutsy Kubuntu install.  He needs Kubuntu for a wide variety of reasons.  I
> have some time tonight, and not so much time tomorrow.  I am hoping to be
> able to do a Kubuntu install for him tonight.  I tried to download Kubuntu,
> but I got a bad image, for some reason.  If I could come over and pick up a
> CD or a DVD, that would be awesome.  Please feel free to call me at
> 415-351-1300 or text me there.

The best way to fix a corrupted CD image is to download the .torrent file
and tell BitTorrent that it should resume from your corrupted image.

It will check each chunk and only redownload the chunks that are broken,
and verify it for you at the end.

I don't have a Kubuntu CD or DVD available, but the above method should
fix your image within 1-10 minutes and then you can burn it with
confidence.  Sorry to be only indirect help; hopefully you can just make
do with the above advice.

-- Asheesh.

--
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
 		-- R. S. Barton