[sf-lug] 32bit VS 64bit

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Fri Oct 19 13:40:44 PDT 2007

So when I boot up the computer the Error States, "Nvidia Kernel Module Does not Match"

I I reboot straight to runlevel 1. I type sh Nvidia-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run

It starts a program to install the Nvidia Drivers. The first thing it tells me is " No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; Would you like the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your kernel from the Nvidia FTP site?"

I select Yes

"No Matching Kernel was found on the Nvidia ftp site this mean that the installer  will need to compiile a kernel interface for your kernel"

I select OK

It then loads a ton of stuff then says:

"would you like to run nvidia-xconfig utility to auto update youor x config file so that the nvidia x driver will be used when you restart x?

I select Yes

And  the installer finishes.

Then I start gdm

And everything works great Beryl and all. but if I restart the computer I get the same dman errors again and a laundry list of others...

Blake Haggerty
Technical Recruiter

Work: 415-788-8488 x215
Fax: 415-788-2592