[sf-lug] Ubuntu 7.10 Release Candiate

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Mon Oct 15 10:20:37 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 13:01 -0400, Blake Haggerty wrote:
> Has anyone used Beryl with Gutsy??  Any major issues on installing??

Compiz Fusion is installed by default with Gutsy. Compiz Fusion is the
new project that includes the merging of Beryl with Compiz (basically
Compiz Core with Beryl plugins). It's very nice...

If your hardware supports it, it will install by default. If not, it
will use Metacity as normal. You can, of course, disable it if you like.
Also, the default settings are pretty conservative in terms of which
plugins are enabled - if you want all the fancy effects you have to
manually turn them on yourself (just install
compizconfig-settings-manager and then go to town).

Cheers, Tom