[sf-lug] Puppy Linux (Update)

Blake Haggerty Blake.Haggerty at Sapphire.com
Mon Oct 15 10:03:56 PDT 2007

So after messing with the laptop all weekend I was able to get it to boot finally directly from the hard drive without the use of a boot disk or Flash drive.

First I wasn't using the latest version of Puppy so I upgraded to 3.0, Then I didn't install Grub to the MBR. Once this was done I started seeing some progress Grub was being recognized but Errors were still popping up. Eventually I found out that I needed to modify the menu.lst file. Once I fooled around with that for about an hour or so I was able to finally get the machine to boot.

SO everything looks good, All that is really left is to just get his wireless card recognized and  to get his Ipod recognized and he should be good to go.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and help. (now hopefully I wont have any issues with the wireless)

Blake Haggerty
Technical Recruiter

Work: 415-788-8488 x215
Fax: 415-788-2592