[sf-lug] Buying Ubuntu Support from Canonical not as smooth as running the Operating System!

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 12:01:07 PDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Not so. The Canonical support centre is in Canonical. Regardless, we
> offer support in *the* *customer's* business hours. If you buy 9-5
> support, it's 9-5 *your* time.

I guess what I meant to say here is that, sure, once you order
support, you get 9-5 service.  During your purchasing decision, I
think we are held to 9-5 UK time.  I sent the last email to Canonical
around noon on Friday PST.  However, I still don't have a response
from them regarding if my support contract is complete or not, and I
had faxed everything in on Thursday.  So maybe I don't even have a
support contract yet!?!!  Who knows, no one got back to me :-(

Anyways, I am sure Canonical will work out the kinks.  I love Ubuntu
and just want to see other people have great experiences with it as
well.  This would include the experience of purchasing support if you
need it. At this point, I wouldn't recommend buying support to any of
my friends, but that may change if I start to hear other people having
better experiences...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen