[sf-lug] Buying Ubuntu Support from Canonical not as smooth as running the Operating System!

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:34:53 PDT 2007

> In reverse chronological order...
> * Based in UK (so no US hours?)

You won't be surprised to hear the number of British people
complaining about US companies not putting staff on at 4am in the
morning.

> * Don't accept our corporate American Express (AMEX)

Well that is to do with the way AMEX take the piss, I wouldn't mind
but you try doing a switch/meastro or electron/visa transaction from
the uk on US websites; i mean seriously banks screw us so badly and we
don't even flinch. Then again no one in the UK accepts AMEX so you
might as well throw the thing away if you go on holiday.

> * After all this, we had to fill out the order by hand and fax the
> paperwork back to a UK fax number (no US number available)

What the hell is wrong with that? are Americans allergic to the
international community or is it just something that you have managed
to breed in over the 400 years you've existed. Get over yourself, a UK
based company is damn well going to have a uk phone number, uk times
and yes even uk banking and credit clearance.

See this is why Europeans don't like doing business in the usa,
customers in America whine about everything being foreign and
different.

Regards, Martin