[sf-lug] compatability/does Bill Gates get a piece of the action

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:12:18 PDT 2007

hi

On 10/2/07, Alex Kleider <a_kleider at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 2a. what I REALLY want to know is: if I buy this, does Microsoft get
> some money?
> I have no intention of using MS Windows on this computer so don't want
> to see MicroSoft make any profit.

It is so welcome to see people with this attitude.  IMHO, we really do need
to send money into FOSS business networks, and not the Microsoft business
network.

The best way to make sure that Microsoft is not getting any revenue is to
support local FOSS vendors.  I can think of three right off the bat:  Yochai
Gal of Techcollective.com; Earl Malmrose of Zareason.com; and Steve Hargadon
of TechnologyRescue.com.