[sf-lug] compatability/does Bill Gates get a piece of the action

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 20:50:37 PDT 2007

two questions about the following Item: Gateway 450ROG - Pentium Mobile
1.7 GHz - 512MB - 60GB Hdd - 15" LCD - DVD / CD-RW Combo - Wireless -
No Operating System Installed (Windows XP Pro COA) - Grade B - Mfg
Warranty til 5/1/08
1. does anyone anticipate compatibility issues with linux (Debian etch
is what I would use)
2. what is meant by "Windows XP PRO COA?"
2a. what I REALLY want to know is: if I buy this, does Microsoft get
some money?
I have no intention of using MS Windows on this computer so don't want
to see MicroSoft make any profit.

alex at kleider.net