[sf-lug] FTP support for a Scientology cult-buster

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 19 11:14:46 PDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Christian Einfeldt wrote:

> Maybe 2 GBs
>
> (And again, why not archive.org?  If YouTube is your target, then there'll
>> be no difference in quality between compressing it to MPEG-4 and sending
>> that to him vs. sending him raw DV (which is also compressed, just not
>> very much).)
>

> I'm not sure that the Archive would appreciate being used as an FTP transfer
> device.  I'll ask them, but we are using the Archive as our site for
> building the DTP, and I'm not sure that I would want to risk pissing them
> off by having video get put up there, only to be taken down again.

For what it's worth, you could just keep the file up there - why remove
it?

Anyway, if you don't hear from anyone else in 24 hours, I'll volunteer to
set up some space.  (Michael and Jim, my tentative plan is to create a
short-lived, restricted-access account on the sf-lug.com box using the
'scponly' package, and then to have the files transferred over SFTP and
the password given out over the phone rather than by email.  Let me know
if that's okay.)

Note that it will take a long time to upload 2 gigs from your home 'net
connection likely!

-- Asheesh.

--
This land is full of trousers!