[sf-lug] need CentOS 5 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5) platform info

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Aug 28 21:37:12 PDT 2007

 From the source, got opinions or comments?

------------------------
The MOBO is the Supermicro PDSMI+.  Info can be found at:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon3000/3000/PDSMi+.cfm

According to their manual on this mobo, the southbridge is the ICH7R.
The whole manual is at:
http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/3000/MNL-0889.pdf

Also, I choose the quad proc because in most cases they are now less
expensive than dual-cores.  If the preference is for dual-cores, I can
make
that change.

BTW - there is also a similar Opteron configs if that would be
preferable.
Of course, it's only dual-core for now, changing on September 10 (at
least
the announcement is then.