[sf-lug] Bay Area Linux-related jobs

Jeff Bragg jackofnotrades at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:19:29 PDT 2007

Hi all.

I've recently concluded a long job search, but am still being contacted
somewhat regularly by recruiters about IT positions.  I thought there may be
some members looking for work, so I'll mention a few available positions
here.  If anybody is interested (or has friends or acquaintances who are)
email me directly and I'll put you in contact with the recruiter.  Also feel
free to forward this to the other Bay Area LUGs if it seems appropriate.

The recruiter mentioned Operations Engineer positions at Yahoo!, of which
there are currently 5 available.  Keep in mind that Yahoo! is in Sunnyvale
and therefore a rather long haul from SF (one reason I never personally
pursued these positions).  That being said, as I recall Yahoo! has shuttles
available from both the Sunnyvale Caltrain station and the Fremont BART
station.

The other positions he mentioned were Perl Web Apps positions.  He didn't
specifically mention where these were, but I got the impression they weren't
Yahoo!.  Most of what he has approached me about has been in the South Bay
or Peninsula areas, however, so it's a safe bet these are not exceptions.

Let me know if you are interested.