[sf-lug] Resolution Issues

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jul 30 17:19:58 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Tom Haddon wrote:

> If you know for sure what resolution it should be, I'd recommend
> dropping into recovery mode (or simply stopping X and dropping into a
> terminal), and then running sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg - this
> will walk you through setting up your Xorg.conf file correctly.
> Alternatively you could edit it yourself (having made a backup of
> course).

If you want to just re-run Ubuntu's autodetection, use:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Adding "-phigh" means only ask the questions whose "p"riority is "high".
That should be very few questions and give you the same result, but with
less bother, than the above suggestion.

-- Asheesh.

--
It got to the point where I had to get a haircut or both feet firmly
planted in the air.