[sf-lug] recommendations on file system

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 27 14:51:56 PDT 2007

Quoting Sameer Verma (sverma at sfsu.edu):

> I came across another Ext2 FileSystem driver for Windows:
> http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net/
> I've been using it for some time now. Seems to work well. Given the
> choice of NTFS and Ext2/3, I decided to go with Ext camp simply because
> we know how it works and its not going to be [potentially] held hostage
> by a third party. Cannot say the same for NTFS.

Probably more likely over the long term to be maintained and debugged,
compared to the Ext2 IFS for Windows implementation I cited earlier,
because it's GNU GPL rather than proprietary.  Good find.  (Duly noted
in my knowledgebase.)

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers